When you’re strategizing about how to create engaging online content, pictures do matter. Trust me. If you don’t have a remarkable featured photo, or at least one photo included with your content, the odds of someone clicking on your post are very slim.
According to Jeff Bullas, a blogger, author, strategist and speaker who works with companies to optimize their online presence and brand through social media, these are the top six reasons why images are needed when producing engaging online content:
- Articles with images get 94% more total views
- Including a Photo and a video in a press release increases views by over 45%
- 60% of consumers are more likely to consider or contact a business when an image shows up in local search results
- In an ecommerce site, 67% of consumers say the quality of a product image is “very important” in selecting and purchasing a product
- In an online store, customers think that the quality of a products image is more important than product-specific information (63%), a long description (54%) and ratings and reviews (53%)
- Engagement rate on Facebook for photos averages 0.37% where text only is 0.27% (this translates to a 37% higher level of engagement for photos over text)
These facts should be enough for you to believe me and Mr. Bullas when it comes to including images in you content. If you still aren’t sold on the idea, try it out and see how your audience reacts. That should do the trick and change your mind.